Tamara M. Polley, J.D., L.L.M.
Tamara is a certified specialist in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law, designated by the Board of Legal Specialization of the California State Bar Association. Her law practice is focused primarily on estate planning, probate, trust administration and elder law.
As the mother of a son with Down Syndrome, Tamara has a particular interest in assisting clients with special needs and their families in qualifying and preserving eligibility for public benefits through the use of Special Needs Trusts, and advising Trustees regarding the administration of these trusts.
A native of Tuolumne County, Tamara practiced law in Stockton for ten years after graduation from law school before returning to the Mother Lode in 2000, and joining forces with Jim Gianelli in 2001.
Educational and Professional Background:
- State Bar of California; Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Estates, 1995
- Temple University; Master of Laws in Tax and Estate Planning (L.L.M.), 2000
- Santa Clara University, School of Law; Juris Doctorate (J.D.), 1990
- Biola University; Bachelor of Arts in Communication, 1987
- Community Advisory Committee, Tuolumne County Special Education Local Plan Area, Member
- Tuolumne County Senior Network, Member, Chairperson (2010-Present)
- Calaveras County Senior Network, Member (2009-2010)
- Watch Resources, Inc., Member, Board of Directors (2001-2007)
- Sierra Bible Church, Member
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Special Needs Planning
- Elder Law