James A. Gianelli, J.D., L.L.M.
Jim was born in Modesto, California and attended U.C. at San Diego and graduated #1 in his class with a political science degree. He later attended McGeorge School of Law where he earned his juris doctorate (with honors) and then a Masters in Law in Business and Taxation. He later became a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law.
In 1981 he began a law practice in Sonora, California under the firm and tutelage of his father and mentor, Louis F. Gianelli (who practiced law in Modesto, California). The practice has remained small and highly specialized, with each attorney primarily focused in the practice of Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate and Elder Law. Jim also practices Business Law (in all non-litigation areas).
Educational and Professional Background:
- State Bar of California; Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Estates, 1995
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law; Masters in Law in Business and Taxation (L.L.M.), 1984
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law; Juris Doctorate (J.D.), 1979
- University of California at San Diego; Bachelor of Administration (B.A.) in Political Science, 1976
Tuolumne County Economic Development Authority and Tuolumne County Prosperity Council Board Member appointee from private sector;
Sonora Area Foundation, Symons Supporting Organization and Irving J. Symons Foundation President and Board Member;
Sonora Community Hospital and Sonora Community Hospital Advisory President and Board Member;
El Capitan National Bank Board Member.
- Suicide Prevention and Response Study
- Tuolumne County Health Assessment Indicators
- Project Sierra Non-profit Support center
- Women’s Crisis Center
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Elder Law
- Business Law