Elder Law focuses on those issues which affect the elderly and their families. The attorney must have a broad understanding of aging and the law, and be able to make us of a range of legal tools and strategies to assist the client with long term care planning, asset preservation, public benefits (including Medi-Cal and veteran’s benefits) and special needs planning.
Elder law includes consideration of many things:
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Medical Directives
- Planning for long term care and the availability of public benefit programs
(including Medi-Cal and veteran’s benefits) to assist with paying for care
- Asset preservation
- Residential alternatives
- Special Needs Trusts for disabled individuals
- Who Can And Can’t Inherit Your Guns?
- Special Needs Trusts: The Current Law and Pending Legislation
- Practical Tips for Special Needs Planning
- Estate Planning: College Prep – The Unexpected Kind
- Why Gay Couples Should Get Married – The Sooner the Better
- The Family Vacation Home
- The Ins and Outs of Probate